Friday, January 12, 2007

A New Blog

So what does one talk about in the first post of a new blog? The post that no one will ever read?

I guess I'll just make it a short description of what I expect I'll cover in the blog. Since it is brand new I have no idea whether this will be the only post ever made, or whether I will catch the blogging bug full force and start blogging regularly.

Oh, and the name of course. I have to explain the name. Well, "Forty Two" and "42" were taken.

The bottom line is that this is a personal blog and I will ultimately write about whatever interests me. This will either interest other people or not, and other people will either read it or not.

So here is a list of some of the things you can expect to see me blog about. If I blog, that is.
  • Geek stuff. New toys, new technologies
  • Java stuff. I am a Java programmer and I love the whole idea of portable code running on a virtual machine.
  • Programming, code quality, methodologies.
  • Management/leadership stuff. Yes, I actually find this interesting.
  • Investing stuff. I am a value investor. I believe in the obvious goodnes of buying a dollar for 50 cents. But I have not had lots of money to invest in this life, so I am feeling my way along. I'm sure I'll have things to say about that.
  • Pharmaceutical industry stuff. I work for the largest pharmaceutical company in the world. I have opinions.
  • Poker
  • Personal stuff
David

View David Klatte's profile on LinkedIn

No comments: